Singing courses or Group tuition with Francis Steele
La Maison Verte’s owners, Anne Roberts and Francis Steele, run courses in Renaissance singing under the banner title ‘Verte Musique’. This also acts as an umbrella title for some other concerts presented by us at La Maison Verte.
There are three ways you can participate in Verte Musique activities
- Tuition for your own group/choir residencies/short tours
- Bring your own, pre-existing consort to work on repertoire with Francis Steele
- Join in one of our own courses: this year we have one:
- Fifth International Chamber Choir Week with Will Dawes and Francis Steele from 12 – 19 August (course fee 525 euros, plus accommodation at a cost of between 95 and 390 euros per week)
Francis is musical director of Verte Musique and was, for thirty years, a professional vocalist, singing bass for such groups as The Tallis Scholars and The Sixteen. Since 2003 he has developed a worldwide reputation as a vocal group coach/tutor and has also produced many CDs. He enjoys working with less experienced singers as much as with professionals.
Tuition for your own Group/Choir residencies
You can bring your group or choir to work on your own repertoire with Francis Steele or use his miraculous library of Renaissance music. The aim of such a week might be simply to explore or rehearse repertoire, but it could also be focussed on putting together a concert performance or recording a CD which Francis could help you produce.
La Maison Verte is a venue for residential courses of any variety, providing facilities and residential accommodation in the Languedoc region of southern France.
- 1830‘s wine-maker’s mansion
- Rehearsal room of 80m2
- Wine barn of 80m2
- Other, smaller spaces for meetings and workshops
- Accommodation for up to 30 people
- Large pool and beautiful gardens
- 5 minutes’ drive from Pézenas, 25 minutes from the beach, 5 airports within 90 minutes’ drive
Altogether La Maison Verte offers accommodation for up to 30 people – with 18 bedrooms available for residential course accommodation, varying between large double or twin ensuites through to simple single rooms arranged around shared bathroom facilities. For large courses (over 18), the apartments are also available for courses to hire providing additional residential accommodation. There are other gites and B&Bs within walking distance should you require even more accommodation for larger parties.
Visit our website for full details of the house, accommodation and courses or contact us for further information.