Richmond and Hillcroft Adult Community College
We are a further education college for adults, with over 7000 learners. Located two minutes from Richmond station, we are within easy reach of London to suit learners travelling across the city. As well as over 1900 courses, we host an exciting events calendar featuring concerts, drama, lectures, workshops, displays and fairs throughout the year.
In 2015-16, RACC was the top college in the country for learner satisfaction in the FE Choices survey.
RACC is dedicated to providing the resources that enable adults to unlock their talent and fulfil their potential through learning, skills and enterprise.
As part of this mission, we are committed to six fundamental principles:
- To provide further education to develop pathways needed to progress to higher education
- To provide adult learning to stimulate self-fulfilment and personal development
- To provide basic skills and pre-vocational training to aid in gaining employment
- To develop workplace based, vocational training for those seeking to upgrade their qualifications or who require training to help them change their career path or become self employed.
- To provide outreach programmes enabling progression to community life and/or employment
- To develop work and life skills training for adults with learning disabilities
Our courses range in level from basic skills through to postgraduate.
Our friendly, welcoming campus is a relaxed learning environment, with a café area open to the community. The College is vigilant in ensuring that it is a safe and secure environment for learning.
New facilities open at Parkshot site including Art School, Theatre, Dance Studio, Music Studio, and Link area.
Our fantastic college facilities are alive with the sound of music with courses and weekly performances during Friday and Saturday lunchtimes, plus regular college performance opportunities.
All our courses are taught by experienced professionals and many are well known nationally. Learn a new instrument such as piano or guitar, or warm up your vocal chords and get involved in solo singing or one of our choirs.
Our classes cover a vast range of musical styles and influences to meet all tastes and abilities, and learners can choose their course without being auditioned in advance.