Vocal workshops and training
Introducing South Asian Arts and Crafts to generations. Carnatic performing vocalist (classical Indian musician) provides tuition including regular classes, masterclasses for advanced training, workshops on voice techniques, workshops on Indian vocal music and seminars through Manasamitra which is an artist led organisation.
Manasamitra have both local and visiting artists give concerts and conduct masterclasses and seminars from time to time.
Here’s a list of some of the things we’re currently working on or have done before:
- Bespoke Indian music and dance workshops in schools or the community.
- Arts and Health activity, like our 4×4 project with Cape UK and the NHS delivering specialist opportunities for learning disabled adult groups in Kirklees.
- Working with local female recent migrants to create storytelling installations.
- Running Bollywood taster sessions in town halls.
- Facilitating local people at Yorkshire Sculpture Park to make rangolis (Indian floor murals).
- Street theatre in Batley town square.
- Facilitating inner-city schools to perform Indian music and dance at Harewood House and the Royal Armouries, Leeds.
- Indian cookery workshops.
- Master classes for students and professional practitioners.
- Stimulating and enriching post-show discussions with creative teams and performers.
We are always looking for new and exciting ways to connect with people.
If you would like to take part in events like these or would like Manasamitra to create a workshop, project or event specifically for you please contact us.