Flexie has a BA Hons in Popular Music Performance and specialised in the voice at University. He works for different organisations in and around London as a Vocal Coach and Songwriting Tutor.
Are you looking for a Vocal coach to help you out with X-Factor preparation? Or perhaps you are a beginner looking to learn or even an pro who needs to brush up on a few things…
I have been teaching for a number of years with many different kinds of singers, mainly commercial Pop/RnB/Rock/Soul/Jazz but I have also been involved in other kinds of music.
I teach all ages and abilities and I am a Vocal Tutor for Sense of Sound (Sense of Sound Choir were part of the BBCs Last Choir Standing), a well known Vocal Agency who work with Youth Projects, Corporate events and various other interesting projects across the country.
I also teach commercial artists on the Artist Development Programme at Major Music which is a well known course for singers who want to break into the music industry.
As an active singer and songwriter I have had many credits in recent years:
* Backing vocalist for Paloma Faith on Radio 1 Live Lounge in December 2009
* Performance with Sense of Sound Choir at the Barbican Theatre and the Olympic Torch Procession as seen on the BBC
* As a songwriter a track I wrote is on a Number 1 album with DJ Original Sin and has had airplay on Radio 1
* Tracks I have written and performed on appear on various Bollywood films
* Appearances over the past 3 years at Monaco Jazz Festival as an Artist
* I have appeared as support in Nigeria for Akon and NeYo
* I have written tracks with well known songwriter Alan Glass whose credits include Aretha Franklin, Lighthouse Family, Liberty X and more.
I am well known for my lively and enthusiastic character which lends well to the relationships I build with students. My passion for great vocals is second to none and being an active singer in the industry adds to the tools I can provide for my studio.